Here we continue proving that we are a people divided by an ocean and by a common tongue.
- bothy per Merriam-Webster online – a hut
- finca – estate
- shambolic — confused and badly organized
- Kendal mint cake per the BBC – an energy candy, containing mostly sugar and mint but no flour or eggs. It was also banned in the USA at one point because cakes were supposed to have flour.
- mobbish per urbandictionary.com – British slang for “destructive behaviour”
- Bear Grylls, per his own website, “one of the most recognized faces of survival and outdoor adventure.” Personally I think he’s kind of scary looking.
- Blue Remembered Hills per its own website — a television play that began in 1979
- wine gums per photos online – a type of candy that looks like Jujubes that contain no wine — see Kendal mint cake, above.
- Belfast sink, per blog.specifinder – a square kitchen sink with a “weir overflow.”