Once again I’m not sure how I came across this Buzz Feed article, “11 Exercises That’ll Make Book Lovers Excited To Work Out.”
I tried it out today, except for the Trilogy Tricep Reps since I didn’t have a trilogy handy and the Fat Stack Crunches. I may be crazy but I’m not stupid. Plus, I’d have to put that fat stack of books away afterward.
Here’s my report:
- Wall Sit and Read. I lasted for about a page, not a chapter.
- Page-Turner Push-Ups. This exercise would have worked except 1) I can’t do full-on pushups; 2) my glasses kept falling off my nose.
- Character Kicks. This one is a keeper. I picked Emma. I’m not sure why the book has to be there. But I managed at least fifteen names. Next time I’ll count.
- Literary Lunges. This one didn’t feel like much of a workout. Maybe I needed heavier books or longer stretches.
- Page Planks. See No. 2 under Push-Ups above.
- Chapter Curls. See Literary Lunges.
- Reading Marathon Leg Raises. Not sure I did this one right; also see Push-Up commentary above.
- Series Squats. Couldn’t do this one because there’s no room in front of my major bookshelf to squat down and the smaller ones don’t have spines that are visible.
- Cooldown. Skipped this because I had to put books away and get ready for the writing workshop.
Will revisit this at some point.