I switched my iPhone from Safari to DuckDuckGo some time ago because I got tired of Safari following me around. Since I’m usually in a rush, I don’t look at Duck’s home page but decide to take a tour this evening. Here’s what I found:
- From Time, the problem with pit bulls about the KFC’s request that a three-year old mauling victim leave the restaurant because her face was upsetting other diners.
- From NPR, a story vitiligo, which causes the loss of pigment, and one woman’s handling it with humor.
- From imgur, a photo of the snout and forepaws of a possum (?) eating a carrot with caption “Saw this guy on our rug last night.”
- Also imgur, “Tesla Headquarters updates their (sic) patent wall.”
- A broken link to a letter from a Google employee’s daughter to his boss.
- From Longform, a link to a New Republic article,”I Have Sinned Against the Lord and Against You! Will You Forgive Me?”
- Also from Longform: “Porklife: How the modern pig farm came to be.”
- From NYT: “It’s Official The Boomerang Kids Won’t Leave.”
- Original source not clear, but story appears on Reddit: “More Punk, Less Hell.”
And now back to more serious stuff, namely checking BBC news on what’s going on in Ukraine, Iraq, and limits on NSA spying.